Finding a Job
Help in finding a job is as close as your nearest career center. There are two primary centers serving residents of Hampden County. Both centers provide a full range of job services to help you in your job hunt and share in the many job listings that are posted by employers at the career centers. These include:
- MassHire Holyoke Career Center
850 High Street, Holyoke, MA
Call at (413) 592-4900
- MassHire Springfield Career Center
95 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA
Call at (413) 858-2800
At our Career Centers, jobseekers have access to a broad array of services from a comprehensive assortment of employment programs.
Basic core services
- Outreach, and orientation to the information and other services available through the one-stop delivery system.
- Career counseling as required, based on customer need.
- Initial assessment of skill levels, aptitudes, abilities, and supportive service needs defined as: initial consultation to identify customer needs, goals and next steps to serve as a basis for creating a Customer Action Plan.
- Job search and placement assistance, including interview preparation, workshops on resume preparation, listings of jobs currently available within the region and statewide, resume listings, job clubs, and job search and skill-building group workshops.
- Provision of information on employment and labor market statistics including up-to-date local, regional and national industry and employment trends, job vacancy listings, areas of occupational growth, job skill requirements, and wage rates.
- Information and referral to job openings (including those posted on online job banks) and the hiring requirements of local firms.
- Program performance and cost information on eligible providers of training services, youth activities, adult education, post secondary vocational education and vocational education activities under the Perkins Act, and vocational rehabilitation program activities.
- Information regarding how the local area is performing on the local performance measures and any additional information with respect to the performance of the one-stop delivery system in the local area.
- Information and referral to supportive service resources that offer day care, transportation and other social or health-related services, if appropriate.
- Availability of staff on-site to facilitate unemployment insurance enrollment as well as phones to file telephone claims.
- Assistance in establishing eligibility for obtaining financial assistance for training and other services.
Both centers help jobseekers at all levels with the necessary tools and information to find a job. Services are free and there are no limits on how often you can use their services. Contact them today for the date of their next orientation session, which are held several times a week at both centers.